As promised here are the results from the Win/Loss poll I ran last week.
First, thanks to all those who responded.
The question was:
Why are you not performing Win/Loss analysis?
Here are the high level results:
As you can see, the most common answers are:
- Got way too many other things to do. (24%)
- I don’t know how to do it (24%)
- Other (29%)
Many of the “Other” responses looked like this:
- Our sales tracking system is screwed up
- Sales rarely allow access to losses
- Reluctance by sales to let us in
- Sales lies when recording win/loss reason
- Hard to collect loss information from sales
- Sales is supposed to do it but doesn’t and won’t let me do it.
See a pattern? So why are we not doing more Win/Loss?
- A lot of PMs are busy, but are they productive? What one or two things can you not do and instead replace it with Win/Loss analysis to gain insight into the market?
- A lot of people stated they don’t know how to do it — this is not surprising as who teaches how to conduct Win/Loss?
- Sales is blocking the way — again not surprising, but rather frustrating.
Note to sales: You’re losing money by blocking PMs access to Win/Loss.
P.S. To the person whose response was:
I do it… why is this not an option?
I will say the following:
- Thanks for participating in the poll
- Congratulations for being one of the few who actually does Win/Loss
- Read the question again! It was specifically about why people AREN’T doing Win/Loss.