Just a quick shout out about a new book on software product management, aptly titled: Software Product Management, Issues and Perspectives. The book is a collection of articles by various authors, published by Icfai University Press in India.
The book consists of 22 chapters divided into three main sections:
- Development and Engineering
- The Team
- Sales, Marketing and Intellectual Property
The contributors consist of a mix of Indian, European and North American writers. I’ve never heard of many of them, but a few are familiar:
- Michael Ray Hopkin of Lead on Purpose blog
- Martin Cagan of Silicon Valley Products Group
- Gabriel Steinhardt of Blackblot Product Management
- Jim Geisman of SoftwarePricing.com
- John Mansour of ZIGZAG Marketing
- Robert G. Cooper, Professor, creator of the Stage-Gate process, from the Product Development Institute
- Saeed Khan, of On Product Management blog
Yup, that last guy is me. I feel like I’m in pretty esteemed company. And to top it off, my article entitled Product Management Axioms (originally printed in ProductMarketing.com magazine), is Chapter 1 of the book!
More info on the book can be found on the publisher’s site here.