From only 3 events a couple of years ago — Silicon Valley, Austin, Toronto — the number of ProductCamps has grown steadily. In fact, there are 3 events in the next 8 days, and there are 9 events on 3 continents in the next 2 months! I find that simply amazing.
Here’s a list of upcoming events:
- ProductCamp Boston – May 22, 2010
- ProductCamp RTP – May 22, 2010
- ProductCamp Toronto – May 30, 2010 <== Yeah!
- (Mini) ProductCamp Minnesota – June 2, 2010
- ProductCamp Berlin – June 5, 2010
- ProductCamp London – June 19, 2010
- ProductCamp Chicago – June 19, 2010
- ProductCamp Melbourne – July 3, 2010
You can get more information on our Events page.
And if you’re in the Toronto area, why not come to our event on May 30th?
It’s official! ProductCamp Toronto Spring 2010 will be held on Sunday May 30 at the Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University in downtown Toronto.
We will have 3 tracks to help focus content to different audiences who attend.
- Product Management 101 — aimed at people new to Product Management or those who want to learn more about the basics of the topic.
- Start me up! — aimed at people who are interested in or involved in startups and want to learn more about how to make those ventures successful
- Advanced Product Management and Marketing — while open to anyone, this is intended for experienced Product Managers and Marketers who want to go deep into topics with others in their field.
Sessions nominated and voted on (see link below) should fall into one of these tracks.
We are open to suggestions for other tracks as well, so speak out if you think there are other areas that you’d like to see covered.
Here are all the important links:
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
We’re just about 2 weeks away from ProductCamp Toronto on October 4, 2009. We’re coming down to the wire on picking a tag line.
We’re using UserVoice to generate ideas and let people vote.
—–>> Click here <<—— to view, suggest and vote on a tag line.
Voting will close Monday Sept. 21, 2009, so hurry up and have your voice heard.
Today, we held the first ProductCamp Toronto downtown at the Ted Rogers School of Business.
About 100 people showed up in the morning to listen and participate. Some of them came from as far away as Boston, New York and Philly. If you couldn’t attend or want more information, here are a few links.
The list of sessions can be found here: http://pct.wik.is
Some pictures from the day are up on Flickr: Here and here. There’s even a few pictures of me during my talk on Defining a Product Management Manifesto. You may also find some pictures of Alan giving a talk on Win/Loss Analysis.
Here are a few pics from today demonstrating how to catch a basketball. 🙂
A number of Twitter users left some tweets on the day. Search for #pct1.
And of course, the Product Camp Toronto wiki is here.
Best line of the day — at least that I heard: “Product Management should suck the air from everything around it!”
There’s already talk about a second ProductCamp Toronto sometime in the Spring, so stay tuned.
Thanks to all those who help organize and sponsor the event, as well as, of course, those who took the time out today to attend.